LCSW, ATR-BC, RPT-S
Licensed Clinical Social Worker,
Registered Art Therapist-Board Certified,
Registered Play Therapist/ Supervisor.
My work is a passionate and playful exploration of abstraction, with some focus on landscape.
I enjoy the ambiguity of abstraction, where the subject is an internal experience leaving open the possibility of much more content. My work is multi-dimensional, incorporating a joyful exploration of my expanding vision.
A journey of passion and discovery!
How artwork is made
I start with an idea that has emerged via observation in nature/media/other visual material. I then move to execute this idea on canvas using paint, drawing materials and or collage. I adjust, make additions and /or subtractions until I am satisfied with the final product. Sometimes this process quickly falls into place and I’m satisfied with my artwork. More often I work and rework images, textures, and compositions over extended periods of time. I frequently work on more than one work at a time. This allows me time to reflect on my work, expanding my perspective as I go.
-Vienna Art society, VA, 2019
Honorable mention award, 2019
-Fowler-Kellog, Chautauqua, NY 2014-2019
-Art League, Alexandria, VA 2016-2019
-Serendipity Labs Bethesda, MD 2019
- Falls Church Arts Group, VA. 2015- 2019
- Foundry Gallary, Washington,DC. 2014
- Yellow Barn, Glen Echo, MD. 2014, 2015
- Lake Barcroft Art League. 2010,-2019
-Gallary West, Alexandria, Virginia. 1995
- The George Washinton University, Washington, DC. 1992, 93, 94
- Highlights of the Year Exhibition, MLK Memorial Library, Washington, DC. 1988
- Artist Equity, MLK Memorial Library, Washington, DC. 1988
- Co-ordination Design Studio, Sydney. 1987
- Center Art Space, Sydney. 1983
- Creative Cauldron Falls Church, VA 2019 - UUCA, Arlington, VA. "Possibilities". 2011
- Gallery West, Alexandria, VA. 1995
- Hogarth Galleries, Sydney. Australia. 1987
- Forestville Community Arts Center, Sydney, Australia. 1981